A good friend that I used to work with gave me this recipe. Her name is Linda. This recipe can also be used with butterscotch instead of chocolate pudding.
1 C. self-rising flour
1 stick melted butter
1 C. chopped pecans
8 oz cream cheese
1 C. sugar
Large container of cool whip
l large box instant vanilla pudding or pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, melted butter, and pecan pieces.
- Press this into a 13 x 9" pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until light brown.
- Let crust cool.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, 3/4 container of cool whip.
- Layer cool whip mixture over top of cooled crust.
- Mix box of pudding mix as directed.
- Layer pudding over top of cool whip mixture.
- Use the rest of the cool whip for final layer.
- Sprinkle top with pecan pieces.