Cornbread Dressing Balls
Eat and enjoy!
l large cake of cornbread
1/2 C. Melted butter or margarine
1 1/2 C. chopped celery
1 C.chopped onion
1/4 C. chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. chicken or turkey broth
- Bake cornbread as you normally would
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat 1/4 C. butter in medium skillet.
- Add celery, onion, and parsley; saute, stirring, until celery and onion are tender. Approx. 5 minutes.
- Add to crumbled cornbread.
- Add seasonings, egg, and broth.
- Mix well.
- With hands, lightly form mixture into balls, using about 1/2 c. for each.
- Arrange in a greased shallow baking dish.
- Brush with remaining butter and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until browned.