Rusty and Lori love these when baked by Brenda White.
1 3/4 C. plain flour
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3 C. quick oats
1 1/4 C. butter (room temperature)
1 pound chopped dates (28 oz.)
1 C. sugar
1 C. water
1 C. finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, quick oats, and butter.
- Put 1/2 of mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan.
- Heat dates, sugar, water, and pecans in a saucepan and mix until it thickens.
- Spread over crumb mixture.
- Spread the rest of the crumb mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.