Fresh Apple Cake
Eat and enjoy!
3 C. plain flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 C. vegetable oil
4 C. peeled, cored, and grated apples.
1 C. chopped pecans
2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Stir in apples, pecans, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan onto cake plate.
- During 10 cooling period mix glaze.
- Slowly spoon glaze over hot cake and let run down sides of cake.
- For glaze: Bring 1 C. brown sugar, 1/4 C. sweet milk, 1 stick margarine to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well. While glaze is hot spoon over hot cake.