Italian Sausage Bread
I came across this recipe shortly after we were married. It has been requested every Christmas since.
2 loaves of frozen bread dough (thawed)
1 lb ground beef
1 lb italian sausage
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
2 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- Grease and thaw bread dough in refrigerator overnight. (Do not allow it to rise or you can set it out a couple hours before cooking but be sure to cover with a damp cloth).
- Place thawed bread dough onto a greased cookie sheet and roll it out until it touches all of the edges.
- Brown beef, sausage, onion, peppers in a skillet. Drain any grease.
- Sprinkle beef mixture over dough.
- Sprinkle cheese over beef mixture.
- Roll dough up lengthwise turning in the ends (like a jelly roll).
- Turn seam to the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 t0 25 minutes or until the middle is done.
- Cut into slices to serve.