Versions of this recipe have been around for many years. I got this one from my mother-in-law, Meme.
1/2 to 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and torn
1/4 C. chopped celery
1 can of peas drained
Bacon Bits (amount can be added as to your preference)
1/4 to 1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
1 C. Mayonnaise
1 chopped green pepper
1 Tbls sugar
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- Layer lettuce, green pepper, and celery.
- Spread mayonnaise over top of these.
- Sprinkle with sugar and add peas.
- Spread parmesan cheese over this.
- Put grated cheese over this.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits before serving.
- Better if refrigerated for several hours before serving.