Nana's Buttermilk Cornbread
Best Cornbread Ever! The crunchy crust is wonderful!
2 C. White Lilly Buttermilk Cornmeal Mix
Approx. 1 1/2 C. buttermilk
3 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour oil into a cast iron skillet. Put into preheated oven until heated through.
- While skillet is heating mix cornmeal and buttermilk. This should be a pourable consistency. Pour mixture into hot skillet (This keeps cornbread from sticking).
- Bake approx. 30 minutes or until cornbread is a golden brown.
- If necessary loosen cornbread gently from pan with a knife and flip over onto a plate.
- Slice and serve.
- I use an 8 inch skillet. If you are using a larger skillet you will want to add more ingredients.