This party potatoes recipe was my mother's. She has been fixing these since I was a young girl and it is still a much requested recipe today. Great for potluck dinners.
8 to 10 medium potatoes
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1 stick of butter or margarine
1/4 C. chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Boil until tender and ready to mash.
- After mashing potatoes, mix in cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/2 stick of butter. Mix well.
- Pour into a 2 quart casserole dish or baking dish.
- Dot top of potatoes with remaining butter and sprinkle top with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and top begins to brown.