"Pig Pickin" Cake
I got this recipe from Rusty's mom. The cake is moist and delicious while the icing is a perfect addition that is not too sweet.
1 package butter cake mix
1/2 C. oil
11 oz. can of mandarin oranges with juice
1 package vanilla instant pudding
1/2 C. juice from 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
1/2 C. milk
10 oz. cool whip
20 oz. crushed pinapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, and juice from oranges.
- Stir in orange sections.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured 8" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While cake is baking mix instant pudding with 1/2 pineapple juice and 1/2 c. milk.
- Add 10 oz of cool whip to this mixture.
- Add 20 oz. crushed pinapple and mix well.
- Once cake layers have cooled completely, spread icing between layers and on the outside of cake.
- Sprinkle top with coconut if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.