This pound cake is a moist and delicious recipe. It is great with either lemon or almond extract. If using lemon extract, I use a lemon glaze and with almond extract, I sometimes use a cream cheese icing. Both recipes can be found on this website.
3 C. plain flour</h3 >
1/2 tsp. baking powder</h3 >
3 C. sugar</h3 >
2 sticks butter or margarine</h3 >
1/4 C. crisco</h3 >
5 eggs</h3 >
1 C. milk</h3 >
1 tsp. vanilla extract</h3 >
1 tsp. lemon or almond extract</h3 >
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small bowl mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter, crisco, and sugar. Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture, mixing well each time.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk until both are all in and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla extract as well as either lemon or almond extract and mix well.
- Pour into a well greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Watch closely the last 15 minutes as oven temperatures can vary.
- Cool for 15 minutes and remove from pan.