Red Beans and Rice
1 lb. red beans
1 pkg ham hocks or pork seasoning meat
2 cloves of garlic
2-3 whole bay leaves
1/2 tbl. oregano
1/2 C. chopped parsley
3 stalks chopped celery
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkg. kielbasa sausage
- Rinse beans. Place beans and pork in dutch oven and cover with water with 4 inches over the top of beans.
- Add all ingredients, except sausage.
- Cook on low heat until beans are soft (approx. 2-3 hours).
- Cook sausage separately in skillet.
- Place in red beans toward end of cooking time for beans.
- Serve over rice with hot sauce.