Sirloin Tip Roast with Carrots and Onions
This is my favorite way to cook a sirloin tip roast. My family likes mashed potatoes with this meal so I do not add potatoes but you could if you prefer your potatoes that way.
2 to 4 lb. sirloin tip roast
2 tbsp. Meat Seasoning
1 lb. carrots, peeled and sliced
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Rub meat seasoning into the roast.
- In a hot frying pan sear all sides of the roast until well browned.
- Transfer roast to a large oven bag resting inside a roasting pan.
- Add carrots and onion and place around the sides of the roast.
- Add approx. 1/2 cup of water to the bag and seal.
- Cook approximately 1 1/2 hours (Read directions on oven bag).
- Let roast rest approx. 10 minutes before slicing.
- I like to make gravy from the juices left inside the bag. Pour meat juices into a small saucepan. Stir 1 tablespoon cornstarch with small amount of water until well blended. Add to meat juices and stir until it starts to thicken. Add salt and pepper to taste.