Strawberry Pretzel Salad
My Aunt Jonnie would always makes this recipe during the holidays and it remains a favorite today.
2 1/2 C. chopped pretzels
1 1/2 stick melted margarine or butter
1 Tlbs.. sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 small container of cool whip
2 pkgs of strawberry jello
2 C. pineapple juice
1 C. water
2 (10 oz.) pkgs of frozen strawberries
1 C. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix pretzels, butter, and 1 tbls. sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Stir 2 to 3 times and cool.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 C. sugar, and cool whip.
- Spread cool whip mixture over pretzels.
- Bring 2 C. pineapple juice and 1 C. water to a boil.
- Dissolve jello into this and let cool until it starts to set.
- Stir in strawberries and pour over cream cheese mixture.
- Put in refrigerator until firm.
- Serve cold.
- This recipe can be made the night before.