Eat and enjoy!
6 medium green peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1/3 C. onion, chopped
1 Tbls butter
2 C. stewed tomatoes
3/4 C. precooked rice
2 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper
1 C. shredded cheese
- Wash peppers, cut the tops off and remove all seeds.
- Pre-cook in boiling salted water for 3 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Brown meat and onion in butter.
- Add rice, tomatoes, worcestershire, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer until rice is almost tender (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add cheese.
- Stuff peppers with combined ingredients.
- Stand upright in a 10 x 6 x 1 1/2" dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more cheese and serve.