Sweet and Sour Pork
Eat and enjoy!
1 lb. pork loin
1/2 C. water
1 C. flour
Pinch of salt
1/3 C. margarine or butter
5 Tbls sugar
4 Tbls. vinegar
1 Tbls. molasses
4 Tbls. soy sauce
1 Tbls. corn starch
1/3 C. water
- Cut pork into 1/2 inch thick cubes.
- Beat egg slightly, add salt, and 1/2 C. water.
- Mix well.
- Pour 1 C. flour and mix until batter is smooth.
- Heat at least 1 inch of oil in bottom of pan to medium high heat.
- Put pieces of pork into batter and cover well.
- Drop pork into hot oil and cook for at least 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oil and place onto a dish.
- Melt margarine in sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add sugar when margarine is boiling and stir well.
- Add soy sauce, molasses and vinegar, stirring well after each addition.
- Mix cornstarch and water and pour into hot mixture while stirring.
- When mixture looks clear, remove from heat and spoon on top of pork.